Thursday, April 16, 2009

Logan gets admitted to the hospital.....

I took Logan for his newborn check up on March 24th. He was looking a little "yellow" but nothing that caused concern for the doctor. I thought his eyes were golden so we agreed we should test his jaundice level to be safe. They said if I didn't hear from them with the results that night to just call in the morning. Well at midnight, the pediatrician called me and had me bring Logan straight down to the hospital to be admitted. I was so exhausted from no sleep anyways that it didn't really sink in until I saw them put him in the "billi bed" and tell me I couldn't hold him for the next 24 hours minimum! Then they said I couldn't breast feed so I will have to use a pump........AND Tony had been working 18 hour days so I left him at home sleeping with Maekayla and went on my own! Needless to say I had a nervous breakdown being there all alone and mentally drained! I did good to wait until that morning to start calling my family to let them know where I was. It was a long 36 hours.......28 of which I couldn't hold my new little man! I had to feed him, change him and love him in that bed, under those lights! It was heart breaking and seemed never ending to me!

No comments: